T: +44 20 3318 9603
F: +44 20 3318 9604
Ms Gauberti is a solicitor of England and Wales, as well as an “avocat à la Cour”, French-qualified lawyer, who focuses her practice on providing legal services, on either contentious or non-contentious matters, to companies and individuals working in the creative industries in general, and the luxury goods, fashion, music, motion picture, television, Internet, multimedia sectors in particular.
Annabelle Gauberti has more than sixteen years of experience practising fashion law, also known in France as “droit du luxe” (law of luxury goods). Since 2003, she has written numerous publications about it. Ms Gauberti is at the forefront of the expansion of fashion law and the law of luxury goods, notably by providing lectures and seminars to professionals and students enrolled in luxury law seminars and Luxury Brand Management MBAs around the world.
Specialising in solving all types of legal issues that creative companies have to contend with, either in corporate law, finance law, selective distribution, trade law or intellectual property, Ms Gauberti excels at providing the best legal advice possible, in order to judiciously defend and represent the interests of her clients.
Annabelle Gauberti represents individuals and companies on intellectual property matters including recording and publishing agreements for individual artists and composers; actor, director, producer and writer agreements in film and television; executive employment agreements; complex acquisitions and sales of entertainment catalogs; production agreements on behalf of music, television and motion picture companies, and all entertainment issues relative to the Internet.
She also counsels European and international clients in complex commercial transactions in the US, Asia and the Middle East region in a wide range of industries, including retail and consumer goods, internet & digital media, information technology, media & entertainment, music, life sciences and hospitality, gaming & leisure.
Annabelle regularly guest lectures at MIDEM, the Cannes Film Festival, Les EchosFormation, and the Tranoï fashion trade shows. She is also a founding member, as well as the president and treasurer, of the international association of lawyers for the creative industries (ialci).
Areas of Concentration
- Entertainment law
- Fashion and luxury law
- Intellectual property
- Corporate law
- Commercial law
- Art law
- Banking and finance
Professional & Community Involvement
- Co-Founder, President and Treasurer, International association of lawyers for the creative industries (ialci)
- Member of the arbitrators’ and mediators’ panel of the Independent Film & Television Alliance (IFTA)
- Member of the arbitrators’ and mediators’ panel of the Films, Entertainment and Media section of the WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center, Geneva, Switzerland
- Member of the arbitrators’ and mediators’ panel of the WIPO Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) for Art and Cultural Heritage, Geneva, Switzerland
- Member of the arbitrators’ and members’ panels of the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
- Member of the Association des Conseils et Experts Européens du Cinéma et de la Communication Audiovisuelle (ACEECCA)
Awards & Recognitions
- Recipient, The Best Lawyers in France for her work in Entertainment Law, 9th edition, Best Lawyers 2019
- Recommended Trademark expert, Women in Business Law and Technology, Media & Telecommunications expert, Expert Guides, Euromoney, 2018
- Recommended top art lawyers, The Spear’s 500
- Recommended law firm, IFLR1000, Financial and Corporate 2018, “Private Equity”
- Recommended law firm and individual, Chambers & Partners, 2016 Europe guide, “Expert in the luxury goods sector”
- Recommended law firm, Legal 500, 2016 Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) guide, “Intellectual property – Trademarks, Designs and Copyrights”
- Recommended law firm specialised in capital-innovation, Option Finance / Option Droit & Affaires 2016-2017
Credit – Portrait: Janie Rayne
-- Download as PDF --