Founding and managing partner
T: +44 (0)20 3318 9603
F: +44 (0)20 3318 9604
Annabelle Gauberti is a solicitor of England and Wales, as well as an ‟avocat à la Cour”, French-qualified lawyer. She focuses her practice on providing legal services, on either contentious or non-contentious matters, to companies and individuals working in the creative industries in general, and the luxury goods, fashion, music, motion picture, television, Internet, multimedia sectors in particular.
Annabelle Gauberti has more than seventeen years of experience practising fashion law, also known in France as ‟droit du luxe” (law of luxury goods). Since 2003, she has written numerous publications about it. Ms Gauberti is at the forefront of the expansion of fashion law and the law of luxury goods, notably by providing lectures and seminars to professionals and students enrolled in luxury law seminars and luxury brand management MBAs around the world.
Specialising in solving all types of legal issues that creative companies have to contend with, either in corporate law, finance and banking law, selective distribution, trade law or intellectual property, Ms Gauberti excels at providing the best legal advice possible, in order to judiciously defend and represent the interests of her clients.
Annabelle Gauberti represents individuals and companies on intellectual property matters, including recording and publishing agreements for individual artists and composers; actor, director, producer and writer agreements in film and television; executive employment agreements; complex acquisitions and sales of entertainment catalogs; production agreements on behalf of music, television and motion picture companies, and all entertainment issues relative to the Internet.
She also counsels European and international clients in complex commercial transactions in the US, Asia and the Middle East region in a wide range of industries, including retail and consumer goods, internet & digital media, information technology, media & entertainment, music, life sciences and hospitality, gaming & leisure.
Annabelle Gauberti regularly guest lectures at MIDEM, the Cannes Film Festival, Les EchosFormation, and the Tranoï fashion trade shows. She is also a founding member, as well as the president and treasurer, of the international association of lawyers for the creative industries (ialci).
Areas of concentration
- Entertainment law;
- Fashion and luxury law;
- Intellectual property;
- Corporate law;
- Commercial law;
- Art law;
- Banking and finance, and
Professional & community involvement
- Co-founder, president and treasurer, International association of lawyers for the creative industries (‟ialci”);
- Contributor to Lexology;
- Member of the panel of arbitrators and mediators of the National Committee of the International Chamber of Commerce in France (‟ICC France”);
- Member of the panel of arbitrators and mediators of the National Committee of the International Chamber of Commerce in the United Kingdom (‟ICC UK”);
- Member of the arbitrators’ and mediators’ panel of the Independent Film & Television Alliance (‟IFTA”);
- Member of the arbitrators and mediators’ general panel, as well as specific sectors panels (film, media and entertainment & information and communication technology) of the International Centre for Dispute Resolution (‟ICDR”), the international division of the American Arbitration Association (‟AAA”);
- Member of the arbitrators’ and mediators’ general panel, as well as specific sectors panels (Art and cultural heritage, B2B data disputes, Digital copyright and content, Fashion, film and media and entertainment, Franchising, Information and communication technology, Intellectual property offices, Life sciences, Patents in standards, Research and development/technology, Transfer, SMEs, Sports, Trade Fairs) of the Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Services of the World Intellectual Property Office (‟WIPO”) Arbitration and Mediation Center, Geneva, Switzerland;
- Member of the arbitrators’ and members’ panels of the London Court of International Arbitration (‟LCIA”);
- Member of the arbitrators’ and mediators’ panels of the ‟Association Française de l’Arbitrage” (‟AFA”);
- Member of the arbitrators’ and mediators’ panels of the Court of Arbitration for Art (‟CAfA”);
- Member of the arbitrators’ and mediators’ panels of Delos;
- Member of the British Literary and Artistic Copyright Association (‟BLACA”);
- Member of the ‟Centre National de Médiation des Avocats” (‟CNMA”);
- Member of the Professional Advisors to the International Art Market (‟PAIAM”);
- Member of the ‟Association des Conseils et Experts Européens du Cinéma et de la Communication Audiovisuelle” (‟ACEECCA”);
- Member of the French Chamber of Great-Britain (‟CCFGB”);
- Member of the Franco-British Lawyers Society (‟FBLS”);
- Member of Equity’s ‟Industry Information Service”;
- Member of the American Bar Association (‟ABA”), Forum on the Entertainment and Sports Industry;
- Member of the Beverly Hills Bar Association (‟BHBA”), Entertainment law section;
- Member of the Media Society;
- Member, Solicitors Regulation Authority (‟SRA”), United Kingdom;
- Member, ‟Ordre des Avocats du Barreau de Paris”, France, and
- Member, ‟Les amis du musée du quai Branly”.
Awards & recognitions
- Recommended, law firm specialised in restructurings (winding up, insolvencies, judicial liquidations), Option Finance/Option Droit & Affaires, 2023-2022;
- Recommended, law firm specialised in venture capital, seed finance and private equity, Option Finance/Option Droit & Affaires, 2023-2022;
- Recommended, top legal tech companies in France, Welp Magazine;
- Recommended, top 2023 law firm in France, Fashion & luxury, Media & entertainment, Leaders League, Décideurs;
- Recommended, top 2023 law firm in France, Music law, Media & entertainment, Leaders League, Décideurs;
- Recommended, top 2023 law firm in France, Trademark litigation, Intellectual property, Leaders League, Décideurs;
- Recommended, top 2023 law firm in France, Commercial litigation, Dispute resolution, Leaders League, Décideurs;
- Recommended, top 2023 law firm in France, Financial litigation & equity financing, Dispute resolution, Leaders League, Décideurs;
- Recommended, top 2023 law firm in France, Antitrust, Competition & distribution, Leaders League, Décideurs;
- Recipient, 2022 WIPR leaders, World Intellectual Property Review;
- Recipient, 2023 Dispute Resolution Star, for Commercial and Transactions, Benchmark Litigation;
- Recommended law firm and individual, Martindale, ‟2023 Client champion gold”;
- Recommended, 2021 national leader, Commercial litigation, France, Who’s Who Legal;
- Recipient, Best Lawyers in France for her work in Entertainment Law, 13th edition, Best Lawyers 2023;
- Recipient, IP Stars, Trademark star, World IP Survey 2023, Managing Intellectual Property;
- Recipient, world’s leading trademark professional, prosecution and strategy 2023, WTR 1000, World Trademark Review;
- Recommended, top art lawyers, The Spear’s 500;
- Recommended law firm, IFLR1000, UK rankings, Financial and Corporate 2022, Private Equity and restructuring and insolvency;
- Recommended law firm, IFLR1000, France rankings, Financial and Corporate 2022, Private Equity;
- Recommended, Trademarks expert, Women in Business Law and Technology, Media & Telecommunications expert, Expert Guides, Euromoney;
- Recommended, law firm specialised in product liability litigation, Option Finance/Option Droit & Affaires, 2020-2021;
- Recipient, 2020 WIPR Influential women in IP, World Intellectual Property Review;
- Recommended law firm and individual, Chambers & Partners, 2015 Europe guide, ‟Expert in the luxury goods sector”, and
- Recommended law firm, Legal 500, 2016 Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) guide, ‟Intellectual property – Trademarks, Designs and Copyrights”.
- Italian, and
Crefovi regularly updates its social media channels, such as Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Facebook. Check our latest news there!