On 21 April 2015, Annabelle Gauberti, founding partner of London law firm for the creative industries Crefovi, will organise and present a one-day course on “Luxury and intellectual property” in London, which will be the exact replica, in English, of her course at the prestigious French research institute in intellectual property IRPI.
The objectives of this training day, on luxury and intellectual property, will focus around:
– Assessing the economic and legal stakes in the law of luxury goods,
– Selecting the appropriate protection system to define a growth strategy for the luxury brand,
– Acquiring a methodology allowing to identify, anticipate and treat the risks, linked to the intellectual property of the luxury maisons and
– Knowing how to react in case of counterfeiting.
If you would like to know more, or in order to register to this one-day course, please email us at .
Here is the outline for this one-day seminar:
1) The law of luxury goods
– versatile aspects of luxury law
2) Choosing the right protection
– trademarks, copyright, designs and models?
– French registration, community registrations, international registrations
3) How to use and value your rights
– legal and regulatory framework
– recognising situations of counterfeiting
– how to prevent risks, in particular with e-commerce
– out-of-court settlement / lawsuits: what is at stake
4) How to manage IP risks in luxury maisons: methodology
– creation of committees dedicated to risk management
– internal coordination and external supports
– following the “IP performance”
– Assess the economic and legal stakes of the law of luxury goods
– Being able to choose the best and most adapted protection system to define a growth strategy of the luxury brand
– Acquiring a methodology allowing to identify, anticipate and manage the risks linked with intellectual property in the luxury maison
– How to react in case of counterfeiting
In-house lawyers, general counsels, luxury and fashion professionals working in companies or in agencies, lawyers, intellectual property attorneys, risk managers.
Courses with examples and presentation of cases.
Annabelle Gauberti, founding partner of the Luxury and Fashion law firm Crefovi.
Please note that this course will be in English. If you would like to know more about the French-language version of the same course please go to this page.
Tel: +44 20 3318 9603
-- Download as PDF --