We are very excited to be among the guest speakers at the fast-approaching ‟paradox of fashion” seminar, hosted by the Franco-British Lawyers Society in London, on Thursday 14 November 2013.
Below, for your information, is the outline of the seminar on the paradox of fashion:
The Paradox of Fashion
Thursday 14 November 2013, 6pm
The University of Notre Dame in London
1 Suffolk Street, London SW1Y 4HG
The following speakers will be unpicking the seams of intellectual property in the fashion world:
- Elizabeth May, in-house intellectual property lawyer at Swiss luxury goods group Richemont, with special responsibility for fashion houses Chloé and Alaïa, and online retailer Net-A-Porter;
- Maninder Gill, partner at Simons Muirhead & Burton, previously legal director of international luxury retailer Harvey Nichols;
- Nathalie Dreyfus, CEO of Dreyfus et Associés, trademark attorney, expert to the Word Intellectual Property Organisation Arbitration and Mediation Center;
- Jane Lambert, barrister practising intellectual property from 4-5 Gray’s Inn Square and author of several IP works including ‟Enforcing intellectual property rights: a concise guide for businesses, innovative and creative individuals”, and
- Annabelle Gauberti, founding and managing partner of Crefovi, a law firm which specialises in advising the creative industries and president of ialci, the International association of lawyers for the creative industries.
The seminar will be chaired by Catherine Palmer, legal director of the fashion house, Joseph.
Please arrive at 6pm for a glass of champagne before the seminar.
The seminar will start promptly at 7pm.
Sponsorship has been generously provided by Champagne Louis Roederer, and Joseph.
The event is accredited for 1.5 hours CPD points with the BSB, SRA and ILEX.