Crefovi has a team of ‟Corporate governance” lawyers who serve as seasoned crisis counselors to corporate clients in high-profile and often high-risk situations. The team counsels on regulation, shareholder communication, best practices, and more.
Combining deeply considered judgment with legal expertise
London employment law firm Crefovi has a team of corporate governance lawyers, who regularly counsel members of the board of directors, the board as a whole and senior executives on the full range of corporate governance issues that confront companies and their leadership, including:
- board structure and composition;
- duties of independent board chair or independent lead director;
- board committee structure and composition and board committee charters;
- senior executive and director succession planning;
- board and board committee evaluation and self-evaluation processes;
- enterprise risk identification and risk management;
- senior executive and director compensation policies and planning;
- representation of boards and board committees, and
- evolving trends and best practices for corporate governance, including review and updating of charter and bylaws.
Crefovi’s ‟Corporate governance” practice, which benefits from a large network of local counsels, is global in scope.
In addition to advising on governance matters at the board and senior executive level, Crefovi’s corporate governance, securities regulation and crisis litigation teams provide assistance and support to boards and senior executives in transactional and crisis management situations, including:
- conflict of interest and related party transactions;
- contested takeover contests and takeover defence;
- director election and other proxy contests;
- state and foreign law compliance issues;
- foreign corrupt practices inquiries and investigations;
- government investigations;
- say on pay planning and execution;
- shareholder governance proposals, and
- special board committee investigations and reports.
A global network
Clients praise Crefovi’s lawyers for their responsiveness & ability to understand the technical, business and legal aspects of each corporate governance matter and come back, matter after matter, to be advised by them.
While London and Paris based, we routinely work across borders. The vast majority of our engagements are multi-jurisdictional. We are used to working in multinational teams, and rely on our network of specialist lawyers for support in other jurisdictions.
The team has therefore established an extensive international network of employment law contacts and a close association with other specialist lawyers worldwide. Our history of successes in high profile, politically sensitive matters reflects an ability to act swiftly and with the utmost discretion.