Protect your creations here
To develop your competitiveness, build up a portfolio of intellectual property assets and differentiate yourself from your competitors, strengthen your business by protecting your ideas, concepts, knowhow and creations, with the support of Crefovi’s expert and dedicated lawyers, under the hospices of the United Kingdom Intellectual Property Office in the United Kingdom (‟UKIPO”) and the ‟Institut National de la Propriété Intellectuelle” en France (‟INPI”).
Protect your creations, thanks to Crefovi’s proof of anteriority services.
Indeed, whether you are an artist, a software developer, a business creator, or another type of creative mind, protecting your ideas, concepts, knowhow and creations is essential.
Thanks to Crefovi’s service, you can establish proof of anteriority on your creation or concept in order to assert your rights in the event of a dispute.
Entrust the protection of your creations to Crefovi
1. Simple: a simple questionnaire on the protection of your creations to be completed online; no email to send; electronic signature for all your documents;
2. Adapted: You access your complete file (‟label” of the creation, etc.). Then sign it online and send us your supporting documents;
3. Reassuring: our lawyers answer your questions and check your file. They protect your creations by obtaining the issuance of a timestamp certificate (which constitutes proof of anteriority) and the secure and confidential storage of your document by Crefovi and INPI;
4. Ongoing support: you are guided at each stage of your process of protecting your creations, by our expert lawyers, available for all your questions, reachable in writing or by telephone, for a personalised follow-up of your file;
5. Transparency: you delegate with confidence to a team of lawyers based in London; competitive package prices; commitment on deadlines;
6. Fast: in 48 hours, your request for protection of your creations is executed and you receive the timestamp of your creation in a few hours (‟e-Soleau” enveloppe from INPI) (timeframe from the receipt of your complete file, once it is confirmed compliant by your lawyer), and
7. Economical: our formula, with transparent prices, is adapted to your needs (GBP69 excluding VAT + administrative costs which are compulsory registration fees imposed by INPI, i.e. GBP15 for 10 MB, then GBP10 for an additional 10 MB, for the ‟e-Soleau” service).
GBP69 excluding VAT + administrative costs (GBP15 for 10 MB, then GBP10 for an additional 10 MB for the ‟e-Soleau” service at INPI)
- Verification and processing of the file by a lawyer;
- Proof of anteriority of your creation/know-how (‟e-Soleau” enveloppe from INPI);
- Detailed explanatory notice (in the event of a dispute, this notice may be used by the judge or appointed expert);
- Support by email and telephone;
- Processing of the file, and generation of the express proof, in 48 hours (timeframe from receipt of the complete file, once it is confirmed compliant by your lawyer);
- Secure and confidential storage of your document (Crefovi and INPI keep your file to be protected indefinitely, so that you can access it later when necessary), and
- Crefovi assistance offered for 30 days (then GBP129 excl. VAT/month).
Protecting a concept or an idea: is it possible?
Intangible ideas and concepts cannot be protected by intellectual property rights. The law protects only the material transcription – the materialisation – of the idea (the form given to it by its author). It is therefore impossible to ‟file a concept” as one can file a patent, or file a trademark. But then, how to protect a concept or an idea?
To protect a concept or an idea, the principle is as follows: you must provide proof establishing with certainty the date of your concept or idea. You can then use this proof of the anteriority of your concept in many situations:
- if the idea is not realized/materialised, but needs to be disclosed to third parties (to obtain funding, for example);
- if a patent is filed by a third party, to claim the right to continue to exploit the invention personally, or
- in the event of a dispute, to claim ownership of an invention or have your copyright recognised on a literary and artistic creation.
As you will have understood, protecting a concept or an idea therefore requires establishing solid proof of its date and its author. The timestamping of blockchain technology, or the timestamping proposed by INPI within its ‟e-Soleau” enveloppe, allow you to constitute this proof quickly and securely.
Protect your creations with Crefovi’s services, better be safe than sorry!
What is timestamping?
Timestamping is one of the many techniques that exist to protect a creation.
It is in itself a technical process which makes it possible to certify the existence of a piece of data at a precise moment. Applied to the protection of a creation, time stamping consists in storing the data of a digital document (which can contain, for example, the drafts of a book or the plans of an invention) in a secure space and associate a registration date and a unique identifier with it. This identifier will be used later to prove that the document was registered on a given date.
It is possible to store the data in an electronic archiving system, this is in particular the means used by INPI for the dematerialised filing of its ‟e-Soleau” enveloppe, or on a more recent technology such as the Blockchain.
Does time-stamping protect knowhow?
Knowhow is defined as a body of technical knowledge necessary for the production of a product and not accessible to the public.
Like concepts and ideas, knowhow cannot be directly protected by an intellectual property right. Keeping it secret is often the best solution. However, in the event of appropriation by a third party or a former employee, you must be able to prove your anteriority on the knowhow in question, which will allow you to take legal action, for example on the basis of unfair and/or parasitic competition.
Protect your creations, and in particular your knowhow, thanks to Crefovi’s services: prevention is better than cure!